Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hats!

I posted on Tuesday that I started making a hat with my loom that I got for Christmas! I have offically finished two hats and have started on my third. Its pretty simple and have been working on them while I'm at work! I know I complain about work and how I so desperately want to stay at home, but I do have the best job in the world. I'm helping people and when were not busy I can work on my crafty projects. The hats are not perfect by any means, but I'm satisfied with the green one more than the multi-colored. I made the brim too big on the multi-colored hat, but I'm hoping it will still fit Chunky Monkey's head! I'm thinking that I want to make a two colored hat using two different colors of yarn. Might be too much for me as a beginner, but I think I'll attempt it. I also have great visions of making scarfs! I've seen the looms at Walmart and think Ansley needs matching hats and scarfs for next winter. :)

I've always wanted to learn how to knit and/or crochet, but have never taken the time to actually set down and give it a try. I'm left handed and everyone else in my family is right handed, so thats part of my problem. I use to get so frustrated because I couldn't ever peel potatoes with a knife because no one could teach me without cutting my hand off. Now i've just come to accept that a carrott peeler is the best thing for slicing potatoes. so if anyone out there is a left handed and is willing to teach me give me a call! ;)

Here are pics! Don't be too judgemental these are my first attempts!


As you can tell the green one is way too small! lol! Maybe baby Jaycie can wear it! :)


I'm not really liking the brim on the multi-colored hat

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job!! They are both adorable...and WAY better than anything I could do. Mine would end up looking like anything but a hat :)

    ReplyDelete