Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cookies for daddy

Last Friday Ansley and I decided to make daddy's favorite cookies for Valentines day! He loves homemade chocolate chip cookies! I got this recipe a couple of years ago from my brother-in-law that use to work at a local coffee shop in town and they are delicious! Ansley set in her bumbo while mommy baked! I can't wait until she is old enough to help in the kitchen. I love to cook/bake and I hope that she will too! The recipe is super easy and I'm pretty sure I have it memorized by now! :) Thats how much I make these delicious little cookies!
Chocolate chip cookies:
3/4c sugar
3/4c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1c buttered flavor shortening *i buy it already in the package it comes in a set of three*
2 eggs
2 1/4c flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chips

add the sugars, vanilla and shortening together. add the eggs one at a time. add the rest of ingredients. drop by spoon fulls onto cookie sheet. (i use my pampered chef stoneware and cookie scoop) bake at 375 for 10-11min.






Happy baking!

1 comment: