Sunday, February 7, 2010

Adjusting

Well, we it has been a busy week for all of us! I finished my first week back to work, Zach is enjoying his new job and Ansley went to the babysitter for the first time on Friday! A lot has changed in the last few months! Our precious little one is now 12 weeks old and her 3 month photo shoot is fast approaching! *Excited* We are also going to do some family pics too.



Work is work! Its been pretty busy, but I am still able to get 3 or 4 pumps in a day. I can't say that I'm use to getting up at 4am yet, but I'm trying. Ansley is still waking up a couple of times at night, so that makes it even harder to get up. I miss her and I hate leaving her, but she seems to be adjusting well. I'm not crying when I leave in them morning so I guess I'm adjusting too.



Ansley had a good first day at the babysitter. She arrived around 11am on Friday and left a little after 4:30. (Zach's mom is picking her up for us and dropping her off on some days as well). Peggy said her first day went good, but didn't poop! I didn't really think much about it until yesterday when she still hadn't pooped and Zach said she was acting like her tummy hurts. Turns out she was indeed constipated and when I got home last night I started looking on-line for home remedy's. After reading several things i tried using the rectal thermometer and a little Vaseline on a q-tip. Lets just say about 5min after that she POOPED and it was defiantly 2 days worth! :) *gross* I didn't give her cereal last night, so hopefully she poops today with daddy. Peggy sent us several emails on Friday to say that Ansley was doing great! She even put a video of her on her blog and gave us a daily sheet on how well she did!! :) I really like that she kept us updated and I'm hopeful that she will do well with Peggy! :) Thanks Peggy!

Have a good week I'll post pics tomorrow of Ansley :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay...so I had to giggle a little (lot) when I read how you dealt with Ansley's constipation issues!! Poor Gentry girl had all sorts of similar issues and at one time was even on prescription laxatives. Thank goodness that has all taken care of itself, but there have been many tummy aches and tears around here, believe me!! Anyway, ONLY a paramedic would go the route you did I think!! I have had to give Gentry suppositories before and it was just as traumatic for her as it was me - a total last resort for us for sure!! Anyway, I am glad you got it resolved!

    Hope you are settling into more of a routine now! And I can NOT believe she is 12 weeks old already!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete