Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tonsillitis!!!


Let me start off by saying, you know when you have days that you can't do anything to make your little one happy and you are so frustrated that you want to throw them out the window? (maybe not you, well that was me yesterday). It didn't seem like anything I did made her happy yesterday and starting at 7pm last night she stopped nursing!! She would scream bloody murder anytime I tired to nurse her, but we would give her a bottle and she drank it no problem! Finally, at 11pm we got Ansley to sleep, but still wouldn't nurse during the night and I had to pump and then give her my breast milk. Needless to say I am exhausted today and so is Zach. I thought maybe her thrush was back because she wasn't running a fever (i checked it twice rectally). So at 8:30 this morning I called the doctors office, but they couldn't get her in until 3:10. I was finally able to get her to nurse at 11:30 while she was sleeping and again at 2:15 sleeping. So after our 30min. visit at the doctors office (which isn't a long wait i might add) she has tonsillitis!! Really??? at 2 months old?! Poor baby and of course now I feel terrible for saying bad things about her yesterday knowing that she must of been in pain! :( poor baby. Now we are on antibiotics for 5 days! She is sound asleep now after a dose of Tylenol, so hopefully tomorrow she feels better.


On a better/ happier note here is Ansley and Ava together at my parents house on Sunday! Look how huge Ansley looks lol!!!

Ansley at 8 weeks and Ava at 6 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment