Thursday, January 7, 2010

My daddy slept in that too!?!


We have had a few rough nights around here. I was beginning to wonder where that place was that you took your babies so you could sleep all night! lol. (maybe its called grandmas house). Things had been going really well at night, but since Friday night things have been BAD! I mean really bad! She wouldn't sleep or if she did it was on me or in her boppy in our bed! Yes, I know having her sleep with us is a horrible habit and I swore to myself, Brandy, Kim, Jamie and Zach that she would never sleep with us, but when its 2am and you haven't been to sleep you will do anything!! I would play her game of letting her sleep on me until she fell asleep then i would tip toe to the pack and play to lay her down, but as soon as I laid her down she woke up crying. I would do this several times until I was sooooo exhausted that I didn't care where she slept as long as she slept. I decided yesterday that I wanted a bassinet or a cradle so I could rock her and not have to get up. (The pack and play was just too big to sit beside our bed). After doing some searching on Craig's list and talking with Teresa and Zach's grandma Carolyn I discovered that Carolyn had a cradle that she used with all her kids and Teresa used it for Zach and Seth. I was excited to get to use it and glad she is letting us borrow it! After getting the cradle home I dusted it and made the bed, but i didn't have a bumper pad that would fit it, but my good friend Jamie did! We went to their house last night to have dinner and open xmas gifts from each other. It's a blue bumper pad, but its better than nothing and fits great! Thanks Jamie! I can't believe I'm going to say this and I feel like a terrible mom, but we gave Ansley cereal in her bottle last night for the first time! I know that your suppose to wait until they are 4 months old, but after talking to my mom and Zach's mom I thought I'd give it a try. I was really nervous and was reading out of my "What to expect the first year book" as Zach was feeding her saying she's too young and this is what the book says. (Zach is tired of me reading out of this book and I wouldn't be surprised if I come home from work and its gone because he threw it away!) Anyway, last night went a lot better she went to sleep at 10:45 was up and ate at 1:45 then went back to sleep until 5am! I have to say things went a lot better and I hope were onto something good! Wish us luck!

Ansley's new bed!!

Ansley checking out her new bed! :)

My daddy slept here too!?

These were taken before we got the bumper pad!

No comments:

Post a Comment