Thursday, July 15, 2010

WAC

While I was in vacation Alicia and I took Ansley to the Winfield Aquatic Center (WAC). She loved it! I figured she would since she loves bath time so much! This was our first trip to the pool and if the weather keeps up we might start going everyday!

Being at the pool brought back so many memories! I worked at the pool for 4 years and loved every minute of it! Made some great friends and made some even better memories! I became a lifeguard when I was 16 and thought it would be a great job! Great friends, an awesome tan and you can't beat swimming on a 110 degree day! As I type I'm thinking of all the crazy things that happened at the pool and the countless times that we should have been fired. You were friends with everyone at the pool and everyone hung out together even after the pool closed. I remember all the parties, stealing the alligator after hours and of course sneeking into the pool at midnight to go for a swim! Yes, we really did that! lol :) If Judy only knew! lol. (See we should have been fired several times).  Awww, memories! I loved that pool and all the great friends that I made! I think you could count on Kristi and I always being together and I spent several nights sleeping at her house, or at least thats what I told my mom! lol. (I'm sure all you then WAC employee's are laughing right now and trust me I can think of quite a few of you that read my blog lol) Maybe we should have a reunion for WAC employees and steal the alligator again!! lol.

Anyway, here are pics of Ansley's first swim!!





2 comments:

  1. After we saw you guys at the pool I bought some of the little buckets for Paisley...and she actually plays with them!! Cute pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only worked at the pool one yr (the first year it was open) and I have some great memories too! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete