Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Very BAD :(

I'm not sure that things could get any worse for us this week and its only Tuesday! I mentioned last week that we were planning on camping at the lake all weekend for the 4th of July. We headed for the lake early Friday afternoon and had a great time until it came to sleeping and the rain. Ansley did not sleep at all on Friday in the camper, up like 5 times! {bad, very bad} Saturday morning I decided to go home to shower and let Ansley nap in her own bed. Well, her nap lasted 45min and I was exhausted and Zach was playing GOLF! Are you kidding me, golf when I need sleep! :) He came home around noon and I took a 2 hour nap. The rain started early afternoon on Saturday so we decided to stay at home and I thought get some sleep, but nope up like 4 times Saturday night! {I think she is trying to teeth, but I haven't seen anything popping threw}Sunday morning we decided to try again at spending the day at the lake. Well, it rained again! Ansley and I came back to town around 5 on Sunday and headed to Greg and Teresa's for a BBQ and some fireworks! Zach decided to stay the night at the lake and I had to work on Monday, so Ansley spent the night with Teresa and slept really good! :)

Now, onto where things get bad. Zach came home yesterday afternoon {about 3:30) to do some laundry and unpack. He decided to take Ansley down stairs to feed her a bottle, when he stepped in a hug puddle of water. I'm not sure I can even call it a puddle more like 2 feet of water!!! Our sump pump quit working some time Monday morning (probably when the 3inches of water fell Sunday night) and flooded our basement. Its bad, I mean really bad. I was at work of course, so Zach's parents, grandparents and my dad came to help. Brandy, Fredo, Heather and Rob brought everyone dinner {Big thanks to them! We have amazing friends and don't know what we would do without them} The restoration people arrived around 8pm after Zach, his dad and my dad pumped all the water out of the basement and were there til 12:30! Ansley and I went and stayed with Greg and Teresa and I'm back at work today!

Our carpet is ruined, in about 10 pieces in our front lawn. Not sure on the coffee table, end tables, entertainment center, chair or couch yet, but we should know something today if the restoration people can save it. There are about 5 different fans and humidifiers going down stairs and up. So, my time this week will be filled with insurance people coming out, trying to find someone to replace the sheet rock and carpet and anything else that will go wrong. On the plus side of things, our TV and AC wern't ruined. We are just thankful that our insurance is going to cover it! When Teresa called them for us yesterday the guy said that flood insurance and sump pump insurance is an optional coverage!! Thank goodness we opted for that coverage because I'm not sure I want to know how much it costs for the restoration people to come out and stay until 12:30!! So that is how our week it going!! I'm not sure things could get any worse, but we are all healthy and I guess happy so that is all that matters! Until I post again, which may be a while, have a great week! Just when you think your week couldn't get any worse just think of us lol . :(  I'll post pics when I have time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...when it rains it pours! AND in your case, it did really pour! I am so sorry about your basement. I hope they get it all cleaned up for you soon, and that your furniture will be okay. Please let me know if there's anything I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a mess for you!! If you need me to watch Ansley for an hr or whatever while you are off & dealing with it call me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to call our insurance company and make sure we have that coverage! I'm so sorry you had to deal with this.

    ReplyDelete