Monday, July 12, 2010

very bad: part II

A week has gone by since our basement was flooded. The carpet is gone and the cement is dry, but we still have fans and humidifers covering the floor in the basement. The restoration will be back today and hopefully the couch and chair are dry so the fans can leave and the rest of the work can start! The total water in the basement: 22inches!! YIKES! The construction people are suppose to call this week about redoing the sheet rock and getting the carpet laid. I'm hoping this week that we can get a lot of things accomplished and some work started. Here are some pics of the disaster. I'm pretty sure none of the pics need any explaining :(









So SAD!! Notice Ansley's toy's floating! :(

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I feel so bad for you! Our basement leaks constantly, but we don't have any furniture/carpet down there because of that! I can't imagine having your stuff ruined like that! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful, such a beautiful room & furnishing ruined :-(( So sorry for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...that makes me sick to my stomach for you guys! That is so crazy to see all of Ansley's toys floating out there in the middle :(

    Good luck with the next step in your restoration process! Thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never saw it with all of the water inside...so sad!! The pictures are worth a thousand words. I guess the positive side of things is that you are all safe and healthy!

    By the way...I tagged you on my blog!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that is JUST awful!! So sorry that you are having to deal with that while chasing around baby Ansley! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, seeing the pictures makes it all that more terrible! I'm so sorry this happened to you! Let me know if I can help in any way at all!

    ReplyDelete