Monday, April 19, 2010

Thinking......

I've been thinking and pondering so many things over the last few weeks (while laying in bed) that I've decided to make a list a see how crazy they look on paper (computer). My husband is the type of person that as soon as he lays his head down on the pillow he is asleep in two minutes, oh but not me. I lay there forever and think and watch Will and Grace or 16 and pregnant. I wish I could go to sleep like he does, but thats not me (i wish it was). :)
ok, so here they are:
  • why is it that Ansley moves so much in her crib and everytime I go to check on her she is holding onto the bumper pad with one hand wih her face smashed against it??
  • Been thinking a lot about letting her sleep on her belly....... I know, I know Its a no no!! But she is 5 months old and can lift her head from side to side with no problem.... does that make it ok for her to sleep on her belly??
  • Are bumper pads safe?????
  • Why can you not cover infants with a blanket while they sleep? I have been for about the last week, but worry like crazy that she will smother herself
  • Ansley has been sucking her thumb! I hate the thought of having a thumb sucker, but she just won't take a binky.
  • thumb sucking= GERMS
  • Wonder if Ansley would sleep all night if she was on her belly.. (yes, peggy I've been thinking about this a lot)
  • Put her on her belly to sleep last week and Zach freaked out and rolled her over to her side
  • Loves to sleep on her side and when you lay her down in the crib she immediately rolls to her left
  • Is it crazy that I've been thinking that I want another baby??? (no worries Peggy I won't do that to you) ;)
  • How did we get so lucky to have a happy and healthy baby?? (I see tons of sick babies at work and feel so blessed that we have a healthy one)
  • Why do I check on Ansley at least 5 times at night before I go to bed
  • Never knew I could worry as much as I have in the last 5 months (even over stupid things)
  • Is organic baby food really better than regular
  • Trying to figure out what sippy cup I want to try and Its driving me crazy
  • Gave Ansley a strawberry apple puff (its like a cherrio, but dissolves in your mouth) and she started choking
  • Am I trying to make her grow up too fast by giving her cereal and going to start baby food very soon and giving her a sippy cup in 3 weeks?!?
  • Why doesn't Ansley nap?!? And why are we not on a schedule for eating and napping?? I love schedules and have really tried to put her on one, but isn't happening!!!!!!
Well there is the list, at least what I can remember and yes, maybe I am crazy lol

7 comments:

  1. You are too funny!! :) But totally normal!! Does she roll over yet? I am sure once she does she'll flip herself to her tummy!! At that point "they" consider it pretty safe to let them sleep on their tummies! All this stuff I haven't thought of in forever!! :)

    As for napping and schedules....good luck with that one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every momma worries like this! Jaxson slept so well on his tummy so we decided that if that was the way he wanted to sleep then so be it! We had to get our sleep too! Now at 18 months he has a stuffed dog pillow and a blanket in his bed, but we took his bumpers out so he can't climb on them...Jaxson also ate baby food from about 2 weeks old out of a feeder bottle...I guess it is all up to how you feel about it...I'm sure some people find the way we do things wrong, but they worked for us...we broke a lot of the rules, but Jaxson is just fine inspite of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a fellow mommy of a 5 month old I am dealing with a few of the same things. I laughed at Zach falling right to sleep-that is Heath to a "T".

    We ditched the bumper pads this time around. I think the only real benefit to them is CUTENESS!! She probably rolls back and forth in her bed already and you might not realize it. This time we did buy the video monitor and sometimes I just lay in bed and watch her. It is very reassuring---when I don't hear her I can look to see that she is FINE and still breathing away. So you might think of investing in one of those!!! Paisley is a thumb sucker(and everyone one of my girls were-I must have the gene!!). To tell you the truth I haven't ever really thought about germs and my babies have been SUPER healthy and the thumb is very self soothing. My doctor told me it is pretty natural for breast fed babies to prefer the thumb to the binkie which makes sense in my case. Anyway, I just wanted to get on here and reassure you that you are a WONDERFUL momma and the best advice I can give as a mother of four is parent how you want to parent. You will know what is best for your girl!! Some things will work and some won't. And of course you want another baby---that's NOT crazy...it means you have TONS of love in your HEART!!! dc
    (this is the longest comment I have ever made--you must be SPECIAL!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...so many worries. I agree with the others, use your instincts. Ansley is a health, strong baby that will be just fine...no matter what you decide :-)
    What is it about men? They just hit the pillow & are asleep. I'm like you....lay there forever thinking about stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Miss, you think too much but I can honestly say it doesnt get better the older they get. I still wake up and hear sirens and imagine it's Garrett in a wreck or someone I know having a heart attack or who knows what, then i lay there and wait for the phone to ring. Just had one of those nights on Saturday actually. I just turn up the tv and try and block out all noises including the ones in my head and go back to sleep - EVENTUALLY! You are a wonderful mother and she will be fine! thanks for the photos of Macy. Have a great night - I'm getting really tired so maybe I will sleep through and hopefully you and ansley will too! Love ya, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol....yes, you are crazy...that is what kids do to us. ;-) My kids slept in those wedges on their side until they outgrew them (6 weeks) and then to their tummies. I did check on them too much for the first few weeks and then I wasn't getting enough sleep and got too tired and decided to tell God he was going to have to check on them for me...lol. Got rid of the bumper pads because it was a pain to change the sheets probably before they started moving around to get swallowed in it. :-) Ansley will be FINE. F.I.N.E...and, you are a good mom for all your worry. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so with Danielle (although I will NEVER be a mother of 4!!).....parent how you want to parent. You will get TONS of advice on "the right way" to do things, but the real right way is what you feel comfortable with and what works best for your family. I'm not exactly the most mainstream parent but what we do works for us and it doesn't really matter what others think. Follow your mommy instincts and you generally can't go wrong!

    And I totally second the video monitor. Ours has multiples cameras and we can switch channels on the handset to check in on all the kids.

    ReplyDelete