Monday, April 12, 2010

Finished in one weekend!!

We had a busy and productive weekend! The DECK is finished! Zach and his dad set the posts on Thursday evening and on Saturday morning at 8am they started buiding the deck! Zach, Greg, Ed and Fredo all helped and we greatly appreciated all their help! :) The deck looks great and I love it! Saturday it was extremely windy, so Ansley, Teresa and I weren't outside much. When Ansley was napping Teresa and I went outside to help. I think we were more there to help them get what they needed and of course get them beer! The floor of the deck was finshed on Saturday afternoon around 3pm. Zach and his dad headed to Lowes to finish getting the railing for the deck and worked til dark on Satruday. They started back to work at 8:30 on Sunday and with a few breaks (grandmas for dinner) they finshed last night around 7! It was actually nice enough yesterday that Ansley got to enjoy some time outside.

I can't wait for the wind to go away so we can spend all our time outside! Now I need to go to Walmart to get some plants and pots to really make the deck look even better! :) I love planting flowers and maybe if its nice this week I can get some yard work done and flowers planted on our new deck!

I guess I didn't realize how big the deck was really going to be! It is huge and there is plenty of room for everyone to come over and enjoy the deck over a BBQ and margarita's! :) Dates and times on that to come later :) lol.

Here are a few pics of the deck! Check out Brandy's blog for our afternoon at the Circus Sunday! I'll post on that later this week!

before the work started
during and after pics! Love it!! Oh and there is our crazy dog Otis! :)

1 comment:

  1. NICE..you all will enjoy that this summer!! And getting it done so fast, I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete