Sunday, November 15, 2009

Were home!

Yesterday evening around 5:45pm we made it home! Everything went great and she looks amazing! She is soooo little and looks like a perfect angel.

After all my blogging on Thursday and Friday I can't believe she's actually here and I wasn't just "thinking" that I was having contractions! :)

Around 9am on Friday maybe a little before that I decided that it was time to go to the hospital. My contractions were about 5-7minutes apart and lasted about 30-40seconds. When we arrived Dr Miller was already there making his morning rounds! He checked me and said that I was dilated to a 3-4 and that i was indeed in labor!! He asked me if I wanted him to break my water to speed the process along. We decided to go ahead and let him, since he wouldn't be back over until after 12. Things were going well and I was getting through the contractions pretty well, then they decided to start me on Pitocin (too speed things up more)! Let me just say that Pitocin is the devil. My contractions started to be 1-3minutes apart and strong as hell!!! I asked for Iv pain medication and that didn't really seem to help. At about 1pm I decided that the pain was too intense and that I wanted an epidural! Of course I meant now not 30-45min later! By that time I was in soooo much pain that I just cried and cried some more. As the anesthetist was putting in my epidural I was sitting on the edge of the bed holding onto Zach and crying uncontrollably!! (This is making my eyes water as I type this). I could tell Zach was scared and nervous and didn't know what to do, but he was a great supporter and about 20min later I was in heaven. Very, very tired but the pain was gone! I slept for about an hour and the nurses checked me again and I was completely dilated to a 10! They went and called the doctor and wanted me to start pushing right away. I was soooo tired and just asked them if i could sleep a little longer, but no such luck, we were going to have a baby now!! After about 45min to an hour later little miss Ansley was here and healthy. Its very hard to push and push right when you have no feeling in your legs. She has 10 finger and toes and looks adorable!!

Ansley is continuing to do well and is eating very well!! She is latching on great and I hope she is getting enough to eat!

Last night we had a rough night. We seem to have our days and nights mixed up, but hopefully tonight goes better!!

Pics to come I promise

4 comments:

  1. Awww! What wonderful news! I have been thinking about you guys... We're very happy and excited for you! CONGRATS again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! She is beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures! I had to laugh when you called pit the devil because I describe it as the devil wrapping his hands around you and squeezing you to death. LOL! Take it easy and keep up the good work nursing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a beautiful little girl! I hope all is well and I can't wait to see more pics---keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!! I am soooo excited to meet her tomorrow :)

    p.s. I can totally relate to the pitocin thoughts! I was READY for my epidural ASAP once that kicked my contractions into high gear...but I had to wait too. Anesthesiologist was in surgery. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete