Friday, June 18, 2010

Monkey's for my monkey!

I've been thinking a lot lately about Ansley's first birthday party and what theme I want to do! Yes, I know her birthday is 5 months away, but I thought if I started getting a theme together now and order a few things here and there it wouldn't be as expensive when the big day came! So after much thought and hours of looking on the internet, I found this!! I found them here


What better than monkey's for my chunky monkey!! I thought that I wanted to have a monkey theme and started looking a few months ago and found nothing that I really liked. I found this and it is ok, but I wasn't in LOVE with it and almost decided to go with a whole other theme entirely, until I stumbled upon these adorable monkey's (picture above)! I love them and Zach did to!! :)

I've been thinking about party favors as well. of course, we have to do barrel of monkey's and found a few more things that I like, but nothing that I'm really in love with. Any idea's???

And then there is the cake! Do I want to do a cake or do I want to make these adorable cupcakes!?!

 Laura made these for Barrett's birthday and if I decide to make the cake or cupcakes myself, I'll do them in PINK!

I'm up for any money idea's! Help me out all you crafty people!! :) Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!! What a CUTE idea!! I have a certain love for all things monkey right now myself! :) And you KNOW I adore party planning! I am thinking it would be fun to do the same theme for this baby's first birthday! No, it isn't even born yet and yes, I am already thinking about its party! I am losing all control with Huntler and Gentry when it comes to themes, so I have already started thinking about the baby!!

    Anyway, I'll keep my eye out for sure! I just did a quick search of "girl monkey party" on Etsy and came up with these fun finds!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/49452879/felt-monkey-hair-clip-snap-infant-hair?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=girl+monkey+party&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/49131931/new-lil-monkey-cupcake-toppers-choose?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=girl+monkey+party&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/47756261/little-monkey-shaped-cupcake-toppers?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=girl+monkey+party&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=6&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

    There are 12 pages worth of goodies to look through! And the nice thing about Etsy is most people will do things in custom colors for you if you have a vision!!

    Happy planning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the monkey idea! It will be super cute...AND pink monkey cupcakes would be so fun! I'm sure my hubby can share his monkey cupcake wisdom, if you need any pointers :)

    I just posted a great site {TIP JUNKIE} for finding party theme ideas!! I haven't looked yet to see if they have a "girl monkey" theme, but there are always tons of basic decorating ideas you can take and adapt to your theme. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete