Monday, June 28, 2010

First trip to the zoo


We finally made our first trip to the zoo two weeks ago! (Yikes i'm behind again) We left bright and early Saturday morning about 8:45, me, Brandy and all 3 kids loaded up in the jeep and headed for the Sedgwick County Zoo! It was HOT to say the least. I think we were there a total of 2.5 hours and trust me it was too long!! We figured if we arrived some what early in the morning it wouldn't be so hot, but we were mistaken and I'm sure we picked the hotest day of the summer to go! Anyway, we had a great time and I'm pretty sure all the kids had a good time. Everyone was very well behaved and we had no major breaks down, so in all it was a success. Kristi was running a little late, so we decided to visit the petting zoo until she arrived. (i'm having issues with my pics so bare with me). Brandy got some food to feed the goats and sheeps and I think we can all say that was a bad decision. As you can tell by the pics and Ansley's face (what a horrible face) we were basically attacked. Mya was affraid to get down and Ansley was crying and the damn goats kept jumping on Brandy! lol.  After being attacked we quickly left the petting zoo area to find animals that we in cages. lol. We saw plently of animals and can't wait to go back when it cools down. The pics of Ansley were taken at the jungle! :) I love the hat (Mya let Ansley borrow her's since mommy didn't pack one).  The zoo experience with 4 little kiddo's was great and we left a happy, sweaty, hungry, tired group. :)

After the zoo Brandy and I went to Carter's! We had some coupons and got lots of clothes for really cheap! After a few mishaps at Carter's we made it home by 3!

Thanks B for inviting us, we had a great time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ansley, I don't think she is going to be an animal lover. She is still scared of our dog! :-(
    Missing her, hope you are enjoying your time off!

    ReplyDelete