Tuesday, December 22, 2009

SAD

That's all I can really say is that I'm sad because today Ansley got a bottle for the first time!! :( She took it like a pro and only cried for a few minutes until she figured out that there was milk inside that funny nipple. I pumped this morning and at 9:15 she got her first bottle of breast milk. Zach gave her the bottle and drank a total of 1.5oz!! She fell asleep after an ounce, but woke up a few minutes later and ate 1/2 an ounce. She went right to sleep after that and has been asleep ever since! She's getting bigger and it was all I could do not to cry while watching Zach feed her. She didn't want to be held and he got her to take the bottle on the ottoman! Not bad for her first bottle and I'm sure she will still need her cuddle time with mommy! :) She will get two bottles a day from now until I go back to work, unless were out for the evening and she is left with a sitter. (who am I kidding it will be gma and gpa). I'm glad she took the bottle on the first try. After I burped her and no puke followed I just cuddled with her for a while. so sad.....................

bottle with daddy!!!!

Last night we delivered candy to the neighbors! This is what Ansley was dressed in!! Zach and I just laughed and laughed! Doesn't she look like the little brother from The Christmas Story!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know how hard it is to watch someone give them that first bottle! Barrett stayed with my sister-in-law when I went back to work, and always took a bottle so well for Daddy and everyone else...that made it harder for me!! But I was glad he took them so easily. Will you be able to keep bf'ing and pumping when you go back to work?

    ReplyDelete