Monday, August 3, 2009

weekend flashback!


What a busy and wonderful weekend we had! I love having the weekend off and its even better when Zach is off too!

Friday, I made lunch for us and Zach's parents! I don't remember the last time I made a home cooked meal (I love to cook, but my schedule as been so crazy I haven't had time)! It was great we had minute steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and of course home made gravy! After lunch Zach helped me clean house. I believe it had been over a week since i last cleaned house! (that's a long time for me, i clean all the time or i did until i got pregnant and then sleeping became my main priority for the first 3 months anyway). Zach took the day off on Friday and was able to help me do all the house work. (I'll explain later why he took off). Last night Zach went to the Figure 8 races at the fair and I stayed home and watched Mya and Kaiden for Brandy's birthday! Hope you had a good b-day B!! :)


Saturday morning we went to Wichita to get the dresser for Ansley! We also registered at Target while we were there! After we made it home we realized that we got the wrong color dresser! We got dark cherry instead of just cherry! oops! We will have to take it back sometime this week! Saturday evening we went to the demo derby at the fair. I had an onion blossom and a Carmel apple! I missed the funnel cake because I was too full to eat that! :)

Sunday, we slept in til 10:30!! It was great being able to sleep in, but we didn't get home til after 1 on Saturday night! Zach and I put Ansley's crib together that morning! It didn't take long and I absolutely love it!! I looks great! That afternoon we went to Zach's grandparents for Sunday dinner!

Daddy with Ansley's crib


I helped too! :)



All put together in about an hour:)

Busy weekend I tell ya, but It was great spending the weekend with my husband!!


Back to Zach's job. We found out on Thursday that Zach will be getting laid off in October! We knew that the time would be coming, but never thought it would happen last week! We actually, thought that we would make it til the end of the year, but that's the aircraft industry for ya! :( They had already told everyone in June that the plant would be shutting down for 6 weeks in November, but we never thought he was going to get laid off now! We were actually looking fore ward to 6 weeks off together with our new bundle of joy, but now it looks like Zach will be a stay at home daddy for a while! These are the days that I'm glad I'm in the profession that I am in! People always need an ambulance :) (He took off on Friday to use up his vacation before the lay off)


I started this blog 6 months ago when we found out that we were pregnant, but I haven't talked about all the things that have changed with my body and mind! I'm 25 weeks now and feel like I have grown so much in the past few weeks! Here are a few things that i have been doing or has changed since being pregnant:

-I get terrible leg cramps at night that wake me up in my sleep!
-I'm getting up at least once in the middle of the night to pee (this started a few weeks ago)
-My lower back is starting to kill me again!
-I've never rubbed so much coco butter on my belly, legs and breasts before in all my life! (huge fear of stretch marks)
-My belly button is trying to "pop" out
-Its getting harder to stand from a sitting position
-I swear I eat every hour! lol
-I wore my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday (thanks b)
-I pee every hour or two during the day (she is sitting right on my bladder)
-The most important and exciting part is that I actually have boobs now!!! :)


That's all I can think of so far, but I think that I'm already nesting!! I really want to get her room done and her clothes put away! I can't wait til she arrives!






25 weeks!

I wrote this on Monday, but I'm just now getting around to posting it




No comments:

Post a Comment