Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A little smokey!

I'm sure all of you know by now from my other posts that I love/like to cook. It isn't very often that I get to cook with Zach being on 2nd shift and the days I work I don't get home til 7:30 or after. Someday I hope to be able to stay at home and have a home cooked meal for my family every night, but I doubt if that will ever happen. So, back to my story. I was making breakfast pizza for lunch today! Very good if you have never tired it and easy to make! I'll post the recipe at the end! Zach usually helps me cook and today was no different. He was browning the sausage and I was getting everything ready to "build" the pizza. We used ham, sausage, eggs and cheese. As i was pouring the raw eggs over the pizza it started to run off the crust and onto the pan. Zach kept telling me that you need to cook the eggs before you put them in the oven, but of course I didn't listen. So, i put the pizza in the oven, set the timer and off I went to check my email. About 5minute later the house was filling up with smoke! The raw eggs had ran over the pan and was burning the bottom of the oven! All in all the pizza was great and didn't taste smokey! We had to open the windows and light some candles to let the smell air out! It still stinks, but is much better and not smokey!! :)

Recipe for breakfast pizza!
pre-heat oven to 425degrees
Ingredients:
4-5eggs
pizza crust (i buy the one that is already made ,but you could buy the pizza crust that is in the tube-Pillsbury)
cubed ham
1 package shredded cheese
1lb sausage
1 can cream of mushroom

Spread the cream of mushroom onto the pizza crust
brown the sausage (pour over the cream of mushroom when done)
sprinkle ham over the sausage (use as much as you want)
cover with cheese
beat your eggs together and pour over the top of the pizza! (be careful this is where things went bad for me! lol I was using my pampered chef pizza pan, but i would recommend a cookie sheet just in case your eggs run over)
bake for 15-20min or until you eggs are done!
Very good and easy

Happy Tuesday

1 comment: