Sunday, August 30, 2009

See you in 11 weeks!!!

This is what i feel like telling my ob/gyn!! We had our monthly appointment on Friday and of course it was more bad news! I'm not sure if I've ever discussed that I see two doctors. The office that I go to has a male and a female ob/gyn. They want you to see both of them during your pregnancy so your comfortable with whomever you get in the delivery room. Anyway, Friday I had my glucola test which is to check for gestational diabetes! I really never even thought twice that I could have blood sugar issues, but guess what according to their little test i'm 16mg/dl over what they consider normal! Friday morning I got up and drank this wonderful flavored orange crap an hour before my appointment like I was suppose to. It said that i could eat breakfast like normal. So i had a small glass of oj and a nutri-grain bar!! Didn't really think much of it at the time, which is stupid on my part considering I'm in the medical field and deal with diabetics on a daily basis!! The nurse assessed my blood sugar an hour after I drank the glucola and it was 156mg/dl!! It was supposed to be over 140mg/dl!! I'm sure it was thanks to the small glass of oj that I had. So now i have to go for a 3 hour test at the lab! I have to drink more glucola and have my blood taken every hour for 3 hours!! I'm not looking forward to this fun little test! Good news though no protein in my urine! I do have to start taking an iron pill since my hemoglobin was a little low. See don't you agree I should just tell them I'll see you in 11 weeks when she arrives?? :) jk. We start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now, so i'm sure more bad news is heading my way!! lol.

Off to enjoy my Sunday hope you had a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I never had that issue, but I hated the first test and always felt like crap afterwords. I feel bad for you - that does sound pretty crappy. Which doctor do you prefer, btw? The girl or the guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing with Cody. I didn't go until late in the day and I had eaten that morning. By the time I got to the dr my levels were really high. Make sure that someone goes with you. I felt horrible afterwards. I was glad my mom went to drive me home. Let us know if you need anything!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete