Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weekend bargains and so much more!!


Last weekend Jamie and I headed to Kansas City for a girls weekend! We left Friday evening and finally managed to find our way home about 1:00 Sunday afternoon! We had a great time and found tons of bargains!! Jamie's sister-in-law lives in olathe and she came shopping with us for a while on Saturday! She took us to a couple second hand stores and found lots of bargains! We went to Children's Orchard a second hand store for newborns and toddlers!! Wow, i was in heaven. I found Ansley tons of name brands things for cheap! I even found a few things with the tags still on them!!! :) I spent $50 and got a wal-mart sack full of clothes! Not to mention the cutest Gymboree jacket and 2 pairs of jeans! I loved that store and can't wait to go back. After that she took us to a second hand maternity store! They didn't have a lot to pick from, but I did find two pairs of maternity jeans! Did I mention that we are all three pregnant!! :) Keisha (Jamie's sister-in-law) is due Nov 7, I'm due the 15 and Jamie is due Feb. 22!! Crazy fun times let me tell you! Before we met up with Keisha we went to a few garage sales. I found a chicco stroller for $10 and Jamie found a bag full of table toppers for 10cents!! She obviously got the bargain garage selling, but $10 for a nice looking stroller isn't bad either! After we took Keisha home we were off to the Legands Mall! I found Ansley her coming home outfit! I love it and hope it fits! We found a few other bargains while we were there and of course got a pedicure! Fun weekend and thanks to Jamie's garmin we didn't even get lost!!



Chicco stroller for $10

Ansley's coming home outfit!! I love it and hope it fits!




Ok, its official i wore my first maternity outfit this weekend! Sunday after I got home Zach and I went to eat and to a movie that evening! We saw The Ugly Truth! Good movie and would recommend it! I wore a maternity shirt and jeans out for the evening!! First time that this has happened! Let me just say I love maternity jeans and whomever invented them they should be very proud of themselves! They are so comfy and if I knew how cute they really could be I would of started wearing them the day I found out I was pregnant and forgot all about that damn belly band!! lol:) Zach told me today that maternity pants are for when your pregnant and that I can't wear them after Ansley arrives!! lol




We ordered Ansely's dresser over a week ago and it finally arrived yesterday! This morning Zach and put the dresser together and looks pretty good! I've started putting stuff in her dresser, but I'm not sure what exactly should go in there! Hopefully, Brandy will come over later today and help me out!








dresser





Zach's parents arrived home late last night from South Dakota! They had a really good time and of course spoiled us rotten with gifts when they returned! Ansley, got a camo outfit from cabella's and a shirt from sturgis! Zach just loves the camo outfit and I'm sure he's going to try to take her hunting in it at 3 months old!

27 weeks and wearing my maternity outfit




3 comments:

  1. Look at you go!!! I can't believe you just now only wore your first true maternity outfit...that is insane!! Skinny minnie!! Do tell Zach though that it is perfectly acceptable for you to wear those jeans AFTER you have Ansley!! I am sure it will be all of two days for you, but it is NORMAL not to fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes right away! It took two weeks with Huntler and I was back in my regular clothes. And well, let me just say that only just recently am I back into my pre-Gentry jeans!! :) And she is three!

    Glad to hear you found some fun goodies at the consignment shop! I was a little of a "snob" up until recently and wouldn't shop at them, but I have found some super fun things for super cheap!! I mean, a Gymbo skirt for $4.50 is fabulous!! I also found Huntler some snow pants there last winter and both kids some cute (name brand) jeans!! It makes me all excited to find great deals!!!

    Glad to hear that you are doing well! Love the outfit you bought for Ansley to wear home. You need a tiny red bow or headband to stick in her head though!! Can't wait until Christmas...maybe you'll let me hold her and then make my baby fever 1000 times worse again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE her coming home outfit!! GORGEOUS!! I agree with Bethany and that is what I came on here to say...you will want to wear your maternity pants after you deliver. She is probably right that you won't need to for long...skinny...but you will be much more comfortable and you won't want to worry about your clothes those first few days!
    Getting so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at how cute your growing belly is! I agree-maternity pants are awesome! I wish all jeans were like that.

    ReplyDelete