Saturday, May 4, 2013

Color me Rad

Well, we finished our first 5k today! Yahoo!! I never thought I'd see the day that I'd actually like to run! And I never thought that Zach and I would be doing it together! We have been training for several months, trying to prepare for this event! We had a great time and finished covered in dye! It was freezing cold! Teresa, Greg and the kids all stood by to watch us run! :) They were all frozen! It was raining and I believe the temp was 40 degree's! Thanks Greg and Teresa for supporting us! There were a ton of people! I believe the final count was 8,000!! And by the huge amount of people, I believe it! We ran the entire time and spent most of the time running in the grass/mud, trying to pass people! Zach was of course, ahead of me, but Jamie, Randy and I all ran together! We had intended on meeting Brad, Whit and Fredo, but due to the large amount of people we never saw them! :( I think I was the only one that had a watch on and I finished in 29:38! Not the time I wanted, but with all the people and the slowing down due to the dye being thrown at us, I'm happy with that! Next weekend we will run in the Wine Trail/Run in Winfield!  :) Bring on the summer run's!!

leaving the house at 7am
 


 Ihop!
 Randy

 walking in the cold to get to the race
 Jamie


 port-a-potty


 Jamie, Randy and me
 Finished

 frozen











 on the border for lunch

 margarita's :)
 
our clothes! yuck


 Gma bought the kids shirts!










 
photos taken by Ans :)






1 comment:

  1. We were glad to be there, proud of you guys!!!! Thanks for letting us tag along and be cheerleaders!!!

    ReplyDelete