Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Update

I'm sure most of you know by now that we are all home and healthy!! We have kept facebook up to date the best we could and for those of you that don't have facebook, here is a little update on our little man. Thank you to everyone that has kept us in your thoughts and prayers, we greatly appreciate it! I know I read complete strangers blogs and love seeing how everyone else is doing even if I don't know them, so I guess this is for you, and a memory that our family will never forget! :)

As my husband last posted I was going to try to nurse Karson on Sunday and see how things went. I was so nervous and scared I could hadly wait to nurse him, but at the same time the fear of the unknown or him turning blue was a huge fear that I did not want to face again. Around 8:00am we were in the NICU waiting on the doctor to make his rounds to give us the ok, that I could indeed nurse. Shortly after 8 we were given the go ahead to nurse whenever Karson wanted to eat. :) Great news! By 10am we were ready for the challenge! I think Zach and I were both so scared that we didn't know what to say or do besides let our little man eat and pray for the best. Zach had his phone out and we were timing how long he nursed. Karson latched right on and in no time we were feeding our little one. He ate great and after the 4 minute mark, he didn't turn blue!! :) We were so relieved! He nursed for over 20 minutes with no complications!! :) This was great news and we would be leaving the NICU after 2 more feedings!! Around 2pm it was official we were out of the NICU and checking into the Special care unit with our son and sleeping in a room with him! First time since his birth that we would be able to stay the night with our son! What a great feeling! Karson continued to nurse great and wanted to eat all night and would only sleep on me!! :) Whenever I put him in his crib, he would cry until I picked him up! He is such a little cuddler and I was eating it up!! At last our little man is healthy and going home was in our future!! We were all finally able to cuddle our little one with no NG tube, ecg monitor and iv!! Awwwww, It was amazing!!!

We were dismissed from Wesley yesterday around 11:15 and home by 12:30!! It is such a great feeling to be home and be a family!

A huge thanks to Zach's parents for keeping Ansley while we were away and bringing her to see us everyday!! :) Thanks to all of our family and friends that came to visit us, we greatly appreciate it! We have amazing family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. That is GREAT news! So thankful to hear that you are home and doing well. I have been praying for you and your family. I admit, I've been stalking your blog, waiting for an update!!
    Take care.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were very happy to keep Ansley and bring her to see you guys, we are so thankful Karson is fine, he's quite the little guy and indeed you guys have a great family.

    ReplyDelete